Thursday, September 15, 2011

Back To "Normal"-Reflections on a Cheese Wrapper

It is perhaps a measure of how bad the last few days have been Millie that I was delighted to find a chewed cheese wrapper on her blanket tonight. This means that Millie was feeling well enough to rummage in the trashcan (a habit from her street days she hasn't entirely given up) Although still low on energy, Millie is back to eating her regular food and sleeping without needing go out every 45 minutes. There were many paper towels, a lot of Nature's Miracle and a lot of culinary experimentation over these days....I joked with Kimberly that Millie was telling the other dogs at the park that they should try not eating: "It's AMAZING what they will feed you!"  Dad and Millie did split a hamburger at one point, gravy got added to food...also cheese...we tried eggs. Very little went in....what did was not there long. And I don't think I really appreciated to irony of oral medication for nausea till now...that would not stay either. (a side note on Kaopectate, which we tried because my mother had success with it for their dog....it doesn't stop the diarrhea, but it does make it darker and harder to clean)  But now we are on the other side (after an added $200 vet visit) and we will approach the Doxirubican with much more preparation next time. Still on track to start the next course on the 22nd.

No comments:

Post a Comment