I have been bad....really bad about posting. Especially since we have reached an auspicious point. Millie had her last Chemo treatment on January 13th:
The little scarf reads: "Chemotherapy Graduate"
After one last low white cell count delay, Millie received the last treatment of the series.
In a way, I guess I was a bit....superstitious about blogging immediately....I wanted to wait for her to get through the low energy and loss of appetite that always follows the Doxirubican.
But a conversation I had on FB with an aquaintence whose dog is going through chemotherapy right now reminded me of the main reason we wanted to have this blog in the first place:
So that people going through or contemplating going through the process would have some idea of what to expect.
I know that every case is different and cancer treatments differ as well....but we would do this again, without question. The low points were very few and far between, her energy and happiness have been excellent and if she passed away tomorrow, the money and effort we spent would have been well worth it....we would not have given up this extra time with Millie.
Kudos to Dr Fulmer and her staff, they have been sensitive, caring and supportive. We return February 16 for a check-up....everything after this point is a question mark....but we will keep you posted....really.
Thank you so much for writing about Millie's journey. My dog, Madelyn, was just diagnosed with lymphoma this week and I've been a wreck about it. Though I'm an owner and hospital administrator of the VESC, and see these cases (with their successes and tough decisions) all of the time, reading about Millie's journey has really helped me. Thank you for writing about this... My thoughts are with Millie and your family.
ReplyDelete